Friday, October 14, 2011

Shellac - My Thoughts

So I got Shellac recently to review it.

I used to bite my nails and I stopped about a year and a half ago.
My nails are in fairly decent condition since which is surprising but the cuticles are a bit uck.

I said I would try this out and see what it is like.

It cost €30.00 at my local beauticians.
It boosts to be a two week manicure that is scratch and chip proof.
My Manicurist said most people leave it on for 3 weeks then get it removed and put back on.

It is scratch proof but not chip proof.
Here it is just done. The colour is Red Baroness



Chips oh no! 4 days in.


This is after one week. Crazy huh?

Ok now I knew my nails grew fast but I didn't think it was this fast.

Also if you are anything like me you'll get bored of the colour, However you 
can paint over it for a few days and remove it back to the Shellac without much damage.

If your nails grow slowly and you are likely to put a polish on and not take it off until it actually grows off then I recommend this for you.

But if you are like me then I wouldn't, My nails grow so fast and I get so bored of a colour after like 2-3 days. I ended up filing it off myself after a week and a half as it was grown out so much.

It did weaken my nails but a few days of Burts Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter and They were feeling a good bit better.

Have you tried Shellac? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment